Download & Setup OctoPrint
- OctoPrint plus its dependencies
- MJPG-Streamer for live viewing of prints and timelapse video creation, compatible with various USB webcams and the Raspberry Pi camera
- CuraEngine 15.04 for slicing directly on your Raspberry Pi
You can download the latest version via the following button:
Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B, A+, B+, B2, 3, Zero and Zero W
or simply buy one of the available
Getting Started with OctoPi
Please follow these steps after downloading
- Unzip the image and install the contained
.imgfile to an SD card like any other Raspberry Pi image.
- Configure your WiFi connection by editing
octopi-network.txton the root of the flashed card when using it like a thumb drive.
- Boot the Pi from the card.
- Log into your Pi via SSH (it is located at
octopi.localif your computer supports bonjour or the IP address assigned by your router), default username is “pi”, default password is “raspberry”. Change the password using the
passwdcommand. You do not need to expand the filesystem, current versions of OctoPi do this automatically.
- Access OctoPrint through
http://<your pi's ip address>. https is available too, with a self-signed certificate.
Thomas Sanladerer created a great video guide on how to get OctoPi 0.12 up an running.
Installing from source
The generic setup instructions boil down to
- Installing Python 2.7 including pip and virtualenv.
- Obtaining the source through either of:
- Creating a (user owned) virtual environment in the source folder:
- Installing OctoPrint into that virtual environment:
./venv/bin/python setup.py install
- OctoPrint may then be started through
./venv/bin/octoprintor with an absolute path
More specific setup instructions for the most common runtime environments can be found below.
For installing OctoPrint from source, please take a look at the setup instructions for Raspbian on the wiki. They should be pretty much identical on other Linux distributions.
For installing OctoPrint on a Windows system, please take a look at the setup instructions for Windows on the wiki.
For installing OctoPrint on a Mac, please take a look at the setup instructions for MacOS on the wiki.