Download & Setup OctoPrint
- OctoPrint plus its dependencies
- MJPG-Streamer for live viewing of prints and timelapse video creation, compatible with various USB webcams and the Raspberry Pi camera
- CuraEngine 15.04 for slicing directly on your Raspberry Pi
- OctoPiPanel, which is an LCD app that works with OctoPrint
You can download the latest version via the following button:
Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B, A+, B+, B2, 3 and Zero.
Getting Started with OctoPi
Please follow these steps after downloading
- Unzip the image and install the contained
.imgfile to an SD card like any other Raspberry Pi image.
- Configure your WiFi connection by editing
octopi-network.txton the root of the flashed card when using it like a thumb drive.
- Boot the Pi from the card.
- Log into your Pi via SSH (it is located at
octopi.localif your computer supports bonjour or the IP address assigned by your router), default username is “pi”, default password is “raspberry”. Change the password using the
passwdcommand and expand the filesystem of the SD card through the corresponding option when running
- Access OctoPrint through
http://<your pi's ip address>.
Thomas Sanladerer created a great video guide on how to get OctoPi 0.12 up an running.
Installing from source
The generic setup instructions boil down to
- Installing Python 2.7 including pip
- Obtaining the source through either of:
- In the source code folder from the command line:
python setup.py install
- Start OctoPrint through
octoprintfrom the command line
More specific setup instructions for the most common runtime environments can be found below.
For installing OctoPrint from source, please take a look at the setup instructions for Raspbian on the wiki. They should be pretty identical on other Linux distributions.
OctoPrint is being developed under Windows 7, therefore it will run there as well although its targeted use case is running it on low-powered embedded devices with Linux. If you want to give it a try on Windows, you can find instructions on what to do on the wiki.
For installing OctoPrint on a Mac, please take a look at the setup instructions for MacOS on the wiki.