New release candidate: 1.8.0rc5
I’m virtually attending PyConDE right now but I still managed to somehow squeeze in a bug fix for y’all in between attending talks and giving one myself 🥳
This fifth RC of 1.8.0 fixes another regression observed with the first ones and also hardens things a bit further against misbehaving firmware:
- Harden against wonky firmware temperature responses that might lead to hotend or bed temperature values to be overwritten with something else by only ever using the first value for a sensor key seen in the response.
- #4486 (regression) - Fix changing of folder paths via the settings.
The fix also made me realize we need another heads-up:
Heads-up for plugin authors:
If your plugin code has been using
Settings._configto modify what gets stored in
config.yaml, this will no longer work. It never was a supported method, however it did work due to how things were implemented internally. Implementation has changed now so that any code doing this will no longer work - the nested dictionary returned by the
Settings._configis only a copy of the internal data structure and thus any modifications will be dropped silently. A deprecation warning has been added just in case. Use the provided
removemethods on the settings object instead please.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on GitHub.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports, you help making the next release as stable as possible!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the "Maintenance RCs" release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow How to file a bug report - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on the feedback regarding this version I'll look into fixing any observed regressions and bugs and pushing out a follow-up version as soon as possible and necessary.
- Ticket for general feedback
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- How to use release channels to help test release candidate
- How to file a bug report
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 12 Apr 2022