New release: 1.9.2
This second bugfix release for 1.9.x includes a work around for an issue with a third party dependency that arose since yesterday, July 17th, and also backports two fixes from the upcoming 1.10.0 release:
🐛 Bug fixes
- #4779 & PR#4780: Work around
argon2password hashing algorithm not working reliably on Rock64/aarch64 - no error is produced, but the hash verification just fails. Fall back to
pbkdf2_sha256if this happens. Backported from 1.10.0.dev.
- #4806: Fix the
httpheadersoftware update check type. Backported from 1.10.0.dev.
- #4854: Upgrade PyYaml dependency to 6.0.1+. This works around an issue existing in PyYaml versions 5.4.0 to 6.0.0 with its dependency Cython in version 3.0, which was released on July 17th 2023. Said issue renders OctoPrint uninstallable due to PyYaml’s install failing.
You can also take a look at the short changelog on GitHub.
Like every single release (and release candidate) of OctoPrint ever since early 2016 this release was made possible only through your continued support of my work 💕
Issues while updating?
On every new OctoPrint release we see some people run into the same issues with outdated or broken environments all over again. If you encounter a problem during update, please check this collection of the most common issues encountered over the past couple of release cycles first, and test if the included fixes solve your problem.
The heads-ups from 1.9.0 still apply, please read them carefully, they might impact you and how you use OctoPrint! Also see the Further Information and Links below for more information, where to find help and how to roll back.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this bugfix release and provided full, analyzable bug reports, suggestions and feedback!
A special Thank You! to this fine person for their PRs, and an extra warm welcome to our one first-time contributor! 🎉
If connected to the internet, OctoPrint will allow you to apply this update automatically via an update notification. It may take up to 24h for this notification to pop up, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up immediately after reading this. You can force the update however via Settings > Software Update > Advanced options > Force check for update.
If you have any problems with your OctoPrint installation, please seek support on the community forum.
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- Community forum
- Discord Server
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to file a bug report
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 18 Jul 2023