New release candidate: 1.6.0rc3
This third RC of 1.6.0 fixes one regression observed with the first two and adds one workaround for a firmware bug discovered to fixed behaviour in OctoPrint:
- #4102 - Add option to revert back to former behaviour of always lower casing SD Card file names reported by the firmware to work around a bug in Prusa Firmware (prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware#3115). Auto detect Prusa Firmware and automatically enable this option if firmware autodetection is enabled. See also #3994 for reference.
- #4086 (regression) - GCode viewer: Fix visualization of models containing arcs, with “Center viewport on model” and “Zoom in on model” selected.
Please also take a look at the following heads-ups:
Heads-up for plugin authors: Support for the plugin control properties `__plugin_init__` and `__plugin_implementations__` (plural!) has been removed
The two plugin control properties
__plugin_implementations__(note the plural!) have been deprecated ever since OctoPrint 1.2.0 and have finally been removed. It is highly unlikely that your plugin has ever used them given that they were already marked as deprecated for the very first version of OctoPrint to ever even support plugins. Still, just in the case of anyone out there making use of them regardless, here’s a heads-up that they will no longer be utilized in OctoPrint 1.6+.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on Github.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports, you help making the next release as stable as possible!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the "Maintenance RCs" release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow How to file a bug report - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on the feedback regarding this version I'll look into fixing any observed regressions and bugs and pushing out a follow-up version as soon as possible and necessary.
- Ticket for general feedback
- Changelog and Release Notes
- How to use release channels to help test release candidate
- How to file a bug report
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 21 Apr 2021