New release: 1.6.1
This first bugfix release for 1.6.x fixes two bugs discovered in 1.6.0 after its stable release, one in the GCode viewer and one in the handling of SD file list requests during and ongoing print:
- #4115 - GCode viewer: Fix dragging when a printer profile with center origin is selected. As a welcome side effect, this now also means the GCode viewer will finally update the bed dimensions properly on printer profile change.
- #4119 - Fix blocking timeout when requesting an SD file list while printing & prevent an SD list refresh while printing.
You can also take a look at the short changelog on GitHub.
Like every single release (and release candidate) of OctoPrint ever since early 2016 this release was made possible only through your continued support of my work 💕
Issues while updating?
On every new OctoPrint release we see some people run into the same issues with outdated or broken environments all over again. If you encounter a problem during update, please check this collection of the most common issues encountered over the past couple of release cycles first, and test if the included fixes solve your problem.
The heads-ups from 1.6.0 still apply, please read them carefully, they might impact you and how you use OctoPrint! Also see the Further Information and Links below for more information, where to find help and how to roll back.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this bugfix release and provided full, analyzable bug reports, suggestions and feedback!
It may take up to 24h for your update notification to pop up, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up immediately after reading this. You can force the update however via Settings > Software Update > Advanced options > Force check for update.
If you get an error about "no suitable distribution" during update, please read this.
If you have any problems with your OctoPrint installation, please seek support on the community forum.
- Changelog and Release Notes
- Community forum
- Discord Server
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to file a bug report
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 10 May 2021