New release: 1.7.1
This first bugfix release for 1.7.x fixes two bugs discovered in 1.7.0 after its stable
release (one in the handling of gcode files containing a
#, one in the sorting of plugins
in the Plugin Manager) and also provides a mitigation for a very rare issue where attempting
to enable low latency mode on the printer (a new feature in 1.7.x) causes connection issues:
- #4267 - Properly escape names of uploaded files and timelapses containing a
#. Not doing so would make such files unmanageable through the core UI.
- #4273 (PR) - Plugin Manager: Fix a wrong sorting selected in the list of installed plugins and the list of plugins on the repository.
- #4292 - Set requesting of low latency mode on the serial connection to disabled by default, as there’s a small number of users for which this causes issues in connecting.
You can also take a look at the short changelog on GitHub.
Like every single release (and release candidate) of OctoPrint ever since early 2016 this release was made possible only through your continued support of my work 💕
Issues while updating?
On every new OctoPrint release we see some people run into the same issues with outdated or broken environments all over again. If you encounter a problem during update, please check this collection of the most common issues encountered over the past couple of release cycles first, and test if the included fixes solve your problem.
The heads-ups from 1.7.0 still apply, please read them carefully, they might impact you and how you use OctoPrint! Also see the Further Information and Links below for more information, where to find help and how to roll back.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this bugfix release and provided full, analyzable bug reports, suggestions and feedback!
A special Thank you! to these fine people for their PRs:
If connected to the internet, OctoPrint will allow you to apply this update automatically via an update notification. It may take up to 24h for this notification to pop up, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up immediately after reading this. You can force the update however via Settings > Software Update > Advanced options > Force check for update.
If you have any problems with your OctoPrint installation, please seek support on the community forum.
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- Community forum
- Discord Server
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to file a bug report
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 01 Nov 2021