New release candidate: 1.8.0rc2
This second RC of 1.8.0 fixes regressions observed with the first one and adds improvements of added functionality:
- #4460 - Expose new config flag
serial.ignoreEmptyPortsto ignore empty serial ports and maintain pre 1.8.0 default behaviour regarding the handling of the situation on the UI as well (see Serial Connection > General > Connection > Advanced Options > Ignore empty ports).
- Application Keys: Add docs for new auth dialog work flow.
- #4453 (regression) - Improve resilience against broken plugin template configs.
- #4454 (regression) - Fix a fatal error in the refactored settings hierarchy upon encountering an
- #4456 (regression) - Fix a serial loop crash when encountering a custom temperature entry (or garbage that looks like one) that matches > the too broadly defined reserved identifier regex.
- #4458 (regression) - Fix retrieval of full
dictstructures from the settings for which an empty default exists.
- #4459 (regression) - GCode Viewer: Fix transmission of parsed layer data structure from the worker to the main thread.
- Add some missing less 4 compatibility fixes
- Fix version requirement of PiSupport plugin
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on GitHub.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports, you help making the next release as stable as possible!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the "Maintenance RCs" release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow How to file a bug report - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on the feedback regarding this version I'll look into fixing any observed regressions and bugs and pushing out a follow-up version as soon as possible and necessary.
- Ticket for general feedback
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- How to use release channels to help test release candidate
- How to file a bug report
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 16 Mar 2022