New release: 1.8.5
This fifth bugfix release for 1.8.0 fixes two few recently reported bugs and also gets rid of a runtime warning:
Explicitly declare in-memory storage for rate limiter. Gets rid of warnings under latest
🐛 Bug fixes
- #4656 - Fix cookie suffix creation on the frontend to properly work with multi-level subpaths. The wrong suffix caused OctoPrint’s core UI not to be able to extract the CSRF token when running behind a reverse proxy with a multi-level prefix path, rendering the UI non functional.
- #4659 - Fix the sanity check on the backup download API so that backups created through the CLI or third party plugins named arbitrarily will be downloadable by admins.
You can also take a look at the changelog on GitHub which is on the shorter side again.
Like every single release (and release candidate) of OctoPrint ever since early 2016 this release was made possible only through your continued support of my work 💕
Issues while updating?
On every new OctoPrint release we see some people run into the same issues with outdated or broken environments all over again. If you encounter a problem during update, please check this collection of the most common issues encountered over the past couple of release cycles first, and test if the included fixes solve your problem.
The heads-ups from 1.8.0 still apply, please read them carefully, they might impact you and how you use OctoPrint! Also see the Further Information and Links below for more information, where to find help and how to roll back.
The following heads-ups from earlier releases also still apply:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this bugfix release and provided full, analyzable bug reports, suggestions and feedback!
If connected to the internet, OctoPrint will allow you to apply this update automatically via an update notification. It may take up to 24h for this notification to pop up, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up immediately after reading this. You can force the update however via Settings > Software Update > Advanced options > Force check for update.
If you have any problems with your OctoPrint installation, please seek support on the community forum.
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- Community forum
- Discord Server
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to file a bug report
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 17 Oct 2022