New release candidate: 1.9.0rc3
This third release candidate of 1.9.0 fixes five regressions observed and reported on the last ones and improves on some newly added functionality:
- #4759: Make it easier for plugins to move the webcam surface of the new webcam integration around.
🐛 Bug fixes
- #4754 (regression): Fix saving of the number of extruders in the printer profile
- #4755 (regression): Fix the Application Keys workflow failing due to an unset CSRF cookie
- #4761 (regression): Fix an error with the new chart markings that could render the temperature graph non functional
- #4762 (regression): Fix the system wide language defaults getting ignored
- #4763 (regression): Fix an internal server error when the Application Keys plugin is disabled
- Fix the new
python setup.py scan_depsdev tool breaking when encountering a non PEP440-compliant version number
For heads-ups, highlights and fancy pictures, please see the earlier post about 1.9.0rc1.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on GitHub.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports, you help making the next release as stable as possible!
A special Thank You! to this fine person for their PRs!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the "Maintenance RCs" release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow How to file a bug report - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on the feedback regarding this version I'll look into fixing any observed regressions and bugs and pushing out a follow-up version as soon as possible and necessary.
- Ticket for general feedback
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- How to use release channels to help test release candidate
- How to file a bug report
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 22 Mar 2023