New release candidate: 1.9.0rc4
This fourth release candidate of 1.9.0 fixes two regressions and a few bugs in new functionality observed and reported on the last ones, and improves on some newly added functionality:
- #4778: Clarify the role of the “default webcam”, now called “fallback webcam”, since it is only responsible of providing the compatibility layer of the webcam settings for legacy clients.
🐛 Bug fixes
- #4772 (regression): Fixed sync of GCODE Viewer with progress when behind haproxy
- #4776: Fix a typo in the new webcam visibility API
- #4782: Fix a typo in the Classic Webcam snapshot hook, leading to the SSL validation setting not being fetched correctly
- #4783: Fix saving the changes to the default snapshot webcam.
- #4789: Fix synchronization of the timelapse configuration on snapshot webcam change.
- GCODE Viewer: Fixed a double load of the model under certain circumstances. (regression)
For heads-ups, highlights and fancy pictures, please see the earlier post about 1.9.0rc1.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on GitHub.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports, you help making the next release as stable as possible!
A special Thank You! to these 2 fine people for their PRs!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the "Maintenance RCs" release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow How to file a bug report - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on the feedback regarding this version I'll look into fixing any observed regressions and bugs and pushing out a follow-up version as soon as possible and necessary.
- Ticket for general feedback
- Changelog and Release Notes
- FAQ entry "My OctoPrint update fails" (Read in case of any update problems!)
- How to use release channels to help test release candidate
- How to file a bug report
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 12 Apr 2023