New release candidate: 1.3.11rc2
This second RC of 1.3.11 fixes a couple of regressions observed with the first one and also adds some improvements of existing or newly added functionality that became apparent during testing of RC1:
- More resilience against broken configurations.
- More resilience against platform startup issues during environment detection.
- Error Tracking: Severely restrict what gets tracked:
- we are only interested in handled core exceptions or unhandled exceptions
- we are not interested at all in
- #3088 (regression) - Fix 500 error on index rendering in case of plugins that use unicode in plugin vars.
- #3089 (regression) - Fix missing
- #3090 (regression) - Fix missing method causing an exception on
- #3091 (regression) - Printer Safety Check: Fix unicode errors in certain communication scenarios.
- #3092 - Fix invalid tool parameter detection on
- #3098 - Backup: Exclude temporary timelapse files as well if timelapses are excluded from backup.
- Fix missing default value for
self._errorValuein comm layer.
- Don’t read return code on async system commands, it won’t work.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on Github.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the “Maintenance RCs” release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow “How to file a bug report” - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn’t work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on how the feedback for this release candidate turns out, I’ll either look into releasing 1.3.11 or fix any observed regressions and push out a new release candidate ASAP.
- Ticket for general feedback
- Changelog and Release Notes
- How to use release channels to help test release candidates
- How to file a bug report
- Contribution Guidelines (also relevant for creating bug reports!)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (OctoPi)
- How to roll back to an earlier release (manual install)
- 04 Apr 2019